Friday, April 13, 2012

SPORTS >> CHS soccer duo to join CBC women

By JASON KING
Leader sportswriter

Cabot seniors Allison Lamb and Lexi Lewis signed on to play college soccer for Central Baptist College in Conway. Students and faculty gathered in the Cabot High School media center at noon on Friday to see the pair of standout forwards for the Lady Panthers commit to the next level. Lady Mustangs coach Justin Hawkins, now in his seventh season, was also in attendance.

Lamb boasts a 3.45 GPA and Lewis holds down an even 3.0 GPA.

“Justin gave me a great opportunity, because I didn’t think I was going to get to play college soccer,” Lamb said. “He gave me the opportunity, so that’s why I’m going.”

Lewis has been a starter for the Lady Panthers since her sophomore year, and said she believes the CBC program is a perfect fit for her.

“I had a couple of options, but I love the coach, I’ve known the coach for a long time,” Lewis said. “I really like what their soccer program does, and I like the campus. I just think it’s a good school for me.”

The Lady Panthers started the season off strong. Lamb and Lewis are optimistic when it comes to the upcoming state soccer tournament.

“We’ve done really well considering past years,” Lamb said. “So hopefully, it continues to go as well as it has.”